the final month of her first year.
hard to believe.
It's true what everyone says, it really does get better with every stage. The only problem is how fast the next stage seems to come. I wish I could just slow things down and enjoy her for a little longer just exactly as she is right now. I'm not ready for her to not be a baby anymore. I'm not ready for a toddler yet. Even though I know she will be even cuter and more fun (duh), I just don't want her to grow up so fast.
She is getting such a little personality. She is sweet and social and fun and so very happy. She has definitely gotten a little more wary of people she doesn't know, but for the most part... she loves people, she loves being on the go and she's almost always content and smiley. And oh what a cute smile she has with her four little front teeth. I have been thinking for several weeks now that she may be getting more teeth... but so far, she has has the four.
She is still rocking the 7pm-7:30am schedule and it's awesome. She takes 2 good naps a day, both about an hour and a half... sometimes as long as 2+ hours in the morning. I'm going to be sad when she decides to give that morning nap up.
With her new found independence, she's not loving being contained in her jumper anymore. She wants to be right there with me, underfoot to "help" me with whatever I'm doing. We spend lots of time in the kitchen and if I give her some kitchen tools, she goes right to work...
She is a great eater and is especially loving cheese, yogurt, watermelon, peaches, sweet potatoes and zucchini these days. The only thing that we've yet to find that she doesn't like is oatmeal, salmon and green beans. Almost everything else that she's tried, she's wanted more off.... even pickles!
She is giddy about football season starting and Daddy has already been working to teach her the rah, rah, rah-rah-rah in the Cougar fight song.
yippee.
She's learned how to open her drawers and if I turn my back for long.... she's got them all emptied on the floor. Although a little frustrating, it's mostly adorable. At least for now... maybe in another month or two, not so much.
Leah has quickly learned no-no-no. The other morning as she was going for a wallflower in the outlet, I called her name to get her attention and she turned with a huge mischievous smile and started shaking her head back and forth as I said no-no-no. Now nearly every time she is going for something she shouldn't or if I tell her no, she shakes her head and smiles. Again, it's pretty dang cute right now, but might not be for very long.
She also waves hi and bye, does patty cake and jabbers almost non-stop. Her chatter is becoming much more conversational and context appropriate. She listens then answers and does that back and forth. She also has lots of gibberish that is starting to sound like the beginnings of real words. Anytime she hands me something, she mumbles gibberish with the perfect intonation of "here you go". It is so fun to see her learn so much so fast, although it also terrifies me.
She still absolutely loves music and waves her arms and bounces at the first sounds of a tune.
She is starting to realize her power and independence and we have began to experience the very beginnings of little tantrums if we take something away or if she is frustrated. She can get really mad, really fast and it's hard not to just give in to her... but we are all learning as we go and trying really hard not to do that.
Leah continues to teach me a whole new dimension of love. Throughout everysingle day, she does things that melt my heart, touch my soul and make me love her even more. I always knew that I wanted to be a mother in the worst way, but I never knew it would be this good.
I feel so lucky to be her mama!
Happy Eleven ElleJay!!

4 comments:
oh i love her! Can you believe her birthday is next month?? where did that year go?
You ARE lucky to be her mama...and she is even luckier. Her non-stop giggling at Caroline today was one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I see a lot of fun playdates ahead... :)
I love this post, what a sweet mama you are, and so good at documenting!
I was just cleaning out my google reader and realized I never commented on this cute post and saved it as unread so I would! Whoops.
I love this sweet girl more every time I see her! And I'm so loving birthday season and kindermusik with you two! :)
Post a Comment