Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book Club... Mansion Style

Wanna know what's super awesome?


When one of your lifelong besties is the governor's daughter and Mom & Dad Herbert let you have Book Club at the Governor's Mansion and sit in the huge formal dining room and eat on fancy gold rimmed china with amazing pure silver chargers and silver goblets and use the state seal silverware and fancy pitchers. It was practically a "Real Housewives" Dinner Party.... minus all the booze and drama, of course.


Jeanette was kind enough to give us the official tour, plus the added bonus of a stroll through all of the private living quarters and out of the way places along with lots of great "haunted mansion" stories.


It was one of the most fun nights I've had in a while. These are my oldest and dearest friends and any night with them is one that I always look forward to...


especially when your hostess is the First Lady...


and Gov Gary!


(After a 14 hour day and finally being able to lounge on the couch in his pjs to enjoy the US Open... the Gov was kind enough to get dressed up again so we could get our official portrait taken.)


I don't care where you stand on political issues... I'm here to tell you that these are incredible, amazing, great people!!

Thanks again for a perfect night!!



(It's a bit of pressure to be the next to host... don't you think?)

5 comments:

jessica said...

Small world- my sister's boyfriend is the governor's nephew! She gets to go to the mansion for Christmas every year!

And book club at the mansion? Hello! So much fun!

Melissa said...

Whose brilliant idea was it to take the picture of you in the chair?! Can we say PERFECT!? love the post. I think I might just steal it so I don't have to come up with wording. :) Love ya! and Leah is SO cute!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the super nice post! I loved everything about that night! So lucky to have great parents and incredible friends to enjoy the mansion with! Love you forever girly!

Alison said...

Yeah, good luck topping that! ;)
Looks very fun!

Kelli said...

OK two things;
1st You gals are so cute!
and
2nd I just saw your baby girl's nursery pictured/pinned on Pinterest! I saw it and was like waaaittt a minute, I know that nursery! :)