SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS...
I'm 7 months old!!
I have said so many times that I want to just freeze Leah exactly as she is. Things have seemed so perfect and yet today, this very day, she is even more fun and charming than she was as that perfect little 6 month old. It's strange that just when I think that I couldn't be any happier or more in love with her, it happens and I am.
Seeing how I haven't figured out how to freeze her or bottle her up just exactly how she is... I want to remember all of the little details that I love so much about this perfect moment in time with my sweet, little 7 month old-
She is a fantastic eater. She continues to be a really great nurser but she's diggin' the real food!! She LOVES butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and brown rice. Avocados are quickly growing on her. She tolerates peas and green beans but she still pretty much hates oatmeal. (and after last weekends' binge and purge session, we're pretty much done trying to get her to like it. she wins.) We're loving making all of our own baby food and yummy concoctions. We're especially excited to start mixing fruits in this next month or so.
She is rolling all over the place. I can no longer leave her on a blanket on the floor, leave the room and expect that she will be anywhere near where I left her when I get back. She's fast and definitely on the move. She has figured out how to get where she wants to go by rolling and scooching. She is sitting up on her own like a pro and loves the new view and perspective it gives her when she's playing with her toys. I love how proud she looks when she's sitting up and we're not right next to her.

She has both of her bottom teeth and they are pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Teething, so far atleast, has been much less traumatic (for all of us) than I expected it to be.
see how cute they are?
Her hair is still not growing very fast. It has lightened up a lot since she was born and although her bald spot has now grown in, she still doesn't have much! She is going to have wild hair when it does start growing... she has 2 matching cowlicks on the top of her head and hair grows literally in every direction back there. (I've joked that she is definately not going to need a bump-it)
She is a really great sleeper. She started sleeping through the night at 2 months and has never looked back. She typically goes down between 7:30-8:30pm and she wakes up like clock work between 7:00-7:30am.
Once she eats dinner, we read one book and then I put her in her crib with her little snuggly elephant and she rolls over and goes right to sleep. It's heaven.Naps are much improved. Finally morning naps are pretty consistent and seem to be getting longer, usually between 2 - 4 hours. It's so great! She wakes up happy and giggly and rested! We usually get another much shorter afternoon nap, an hour to hour and a half if we're lucky! Finally a routine that I can live with!
Her eyes are still really dark and constantly filled with wonder and awe. They say so much about her.
She loves peek a boo and patty cake and loves any songs with actions. I keep trying to get her to join in and start learning them with me, but she's not really interested. She's perfectly content to let me be foolish all by myself.
Leah got her first (and perhaps rare or only) taste of having a pet this past month and she was in heaven. We were able to puppy sit our neighbors' teacup yorkie for 5 days. Leah was fascinated with Coco and couldn't believe there was something smaller than her that moved and made noise. Coco, however, wasn't a big fan of Leah and pretty much just totally ignored her, all the while providing hours of entertainment to the littlemiss. It *almost*, but not quite made us reconsider being "pet people".


4 comments:
she's so cute! hope you bought like 10 of those elephants! My kids are SO attached to those blankets just like that (diff animals) I bought Elsie 3 and we are down to 1 and it constantly gets lost and I have to search. They are GREAT, but wow. Lincoln has had to have several "replacement" blankies. Elsie won't have anything to do with a "replacement"
Motherhood seems to come so naturally for you...both you and Leah seem so happy and content. Clearly you are doing something right! Thanks for hanging with us in the park today. I hope there are many more park dates to come this summer! Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mama. :)
ahh I love to hear about all little Leah is doing and accomplishing! She is such a cutie pie! i can't get enough of that toothy grin! Soooo adorable! Love you both!
Gah I love it! I love seven month olds. P.S. Your blog heading picture is fantastic of all three of you!
Post a Comment