Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter Sunday(s)

It just so happens that I am one of those cheesy-love my kids to match and coordinate-kind of moms. Especially on Sundays. Usually, I try to coordinate too. It's super ridiculously nerdy and I'm sure garners some eye-rolling, but  I can't help it. You can probably imagine how much I love special holidays when I can usually talk CJ into joining us too... especially Easter. It's like mom-crack for a girl like me!


Well... some nasty awful stomach bug found it's way into our house the week of Easter and Leah got it BAD!


Poor sick little thing was miserable. 
It's by far the worst sick I've had to deal with as a mom so far. She couldn't keep anything down, We had some pretty rough days and nights snuggled together in her bed lined with towels. We washed a lot of towels and jammies those first few days.



                        



It started on Wednesday and I had hoped that it would be a 24-48 hour bug that would pass quickly. No such luck. This girl was in a bad way. I have never seen a child so tired and lifeless. She didn't eat a thing for days and slept all.day.long for several days (except for throwing up and emergency baths...we had a lot of those). It was heartbreaking.



She stayed flat in bed most of the time...

I got her out to the couch a few times, but she would end up fast asleep again within 15-20 minutes.


By the time Saturday rolled around and she was still lethargic, feverish and sickly... it became pretty clear that we would not be dressing up and enjoying Easter the way I had planned. 

Luckily... Easter morning she was feeling a little better and was excited to find her basket loaded with a few special treasures. She put her game face on and hunted for the handful of eggs that we had hidden around the living room. It wasn't the perfect Easter, we didn't color any eggs, we didn't get out of our PJs and we didn't even eat any candy... but we still felt love and gratitude just the same.



Luckily... after a good solid week, she finally got feeling better! Two weeks later, we had a do-over//take two//"Second Easter" and finally got a chance to dress up in our matching outfits.





As we were sitting in the chair taking pictures, Leah looked over and hidden behind a lamp... she excitedly discovered a special pink tube of Easter m & ms left especially for her on "Second Easter". (turns out we just forgot to find them on our lackluster hunt on "real" Easter)


She was so excited!



And just like that we captured the magic of a holiday even when we were just pretending!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

gina bina said...

That was real real sad when LJ was sick. Almost as sad as you not getting all dressed up matchy matchy!! I'm happy you at least got a re-do and well, I'd say you pretty much nailed it.
Also, Chuck. :)

My Froley said...

awwww I'm so sorry to hear your little one was so sick ! It's so horrible when your kids get sick like that. Listlessness scares me senseless. So glad you got to re-do your Easter, your matching outfits are the BEST ! Loving the baby ties hehe
http://myfroley.blogspot.com