Saturday, December 1, 2012

two months.




Holy cow do we love this boy! 

As hard as he has been these first several weeks, he has us so firmly and tightly wrapped around his little chubby, dimpled finger!! We have seen some real measurable improvements this past month since adjusting his dose of reflux medicine and eliminating all dairy and soy in any form from our(my) diet. For that we are so thankful, but it has been hard. oh so very hard. It turns out that dairy and/or soy are in everything, literally everything. Even deli meat... seriously! Most vegan substitutes and alternatives for things like butter, etc still contain soy... so eliminating both has been a challenge and a huge learning curve for me. The good news is that I have not yet starved to death. whew. As hard and frustrating as it has been.... he's worth it, more than worth it. I would literally move mountains for this little piece of my heart. I feel like these last couple of weeks, we have started to see glimpses of who he really is and it's not just a fussy, inconsolable baby. He has a smile that can light up a room and melt your heart into a huge giant puddle. His cheeks and chins are as kissable as they come. And those dimples? Oh my goodness, those dimples!! Those smiley dimples make me think I may be able to live without cheese and butter forever. maybe.

He is finally sleeping some longer more "normal" newborn stretches. On a good night, we will get at least one 4+ hour stretch in addition to some slightly shorter stretches and we are praying that now that he is feeling a bit better... those stretches will continue to improve, getting longer and a bit more consistent.

Leah has come around a lot this last month and I am pretty sure that we haven't ruined her life after all. For the most part she dotes on him and smothers him with love and sweet attention, though I do have to keep my eye on her, seeing how sometimes she literally smothers him. or sits on him. or swats at him. Surprisingly, he tolerates her well... though he may just be calculating his revenge, knowing that he will likely be bigger than her within another few months time.

Honestly this kid is packing on the lbs like it's his job (I guess it kind of is). At two months, he is already solidly wearing 6+ month clothes. I just exchanged both his Christmas outfit and his blessing outfit for the 6-12 month size, because the 3-6 size is already getting way too snug on him. By contrast, Leah can still fit into many of her 12-18 month clothes, especially the pants... so they should be able to share clothes by Spring! His size 2 diapers are already seeming too small and I think the next case we buy will be a size 3. Within another few months.... I should only need to buy one size diaper (and unfortunately I don't think it will be because Leah is potty-trained).

2 month stats:
14 lbs 5 oz (98th percentile)
24.25 inches (95th percentile)
16.14 inch head circumference (75th percentile)



Definitely not petite, but so ridiculously lovable that I can hardly stand it!

Happy Two Months!

3 comments:

gina bina said...

Eek! I love that little butterball! Dimples for days...
I have a feeling those are going to get him far in life. Real far.

Alison said...

SO CUTE!

Elizabeth Madsen said...

Gina is right! Those dimples are gonna open a lot of doors. He is one handsome boy. Love that chunky Chuck!