The older I get, the less I like tacking another year onto my age....however, it doesn't suck to have a birthday that always falls on a long holiday weekend!! If I play my cards right, I can usually get close to a solid week of celebrating in! :)
This year was no exception! My how-to tutorial would look a little something like this...
lunch with loved ones, birthday cake, creme brulee cupcakes (or 4) with friends, snuggling new babies, oodles of Thai take-out, lazy mornings, Ikea & Downeast stroll (and a mister saying "just buy it so I don't have to come back here), Mexican Food, the still on-going Baby Bee countdown/watch/wait 2012, Pedis and FroYo with besties, Brunch @ Silver Fork Lodge with some favorite friends (and being okay with a toddler eating a container of jam straight with a spoon... it's that kind of weekend), afternoon naps, staying up late watching movies, morning walks with my pals, treats left on my porch, calls, messages, texts, thoughtful gifts and visits from friends and loved ones, lunch dates, paying tribute to loved ones who have gone on without us, golfing with my love and our awesome new caddy/partner, feeding/chasing ducks @ Sugarhouse Park, dinner at The Dodo (patio dining, artichoke pie, fresh gazpacho and key lime pie is the perfect kick-off to summer), and getting a jumpstart on a new playroom, nursery and big girl room (It's going to be an exciting year around here)!!
Indeed, I would call it a success!!
(save the lack of pictures from so much of it!)


4 comments:
So glad you had a wonderful birthday, You deserve it!
What a day!!!!! The only thing missing was a walk with me to some place wonderful....like te Mav!!!!! So happy you had such a wonderful day! Can't wait to celebrate the many wonderful thing in our lives....including your birthday....in about 3.5 weeks! Hurray! Love you! Xoxo
Sounds like a great weekend! In fact if you had been able to skip the dental nightmare it might have been the perfect birthday week! :)
Fun Fun FUN! So happy it was a great birthday week. I love birthday weeks!
Post a Comment