On the day you were born, it was love at first sight.
I welcomed you, little one,and held you so tight.
My heart simply grew bigger in size,
the first time I looked into your sweet eyes.
Hope and happiness danced in the air.
Joy filled my heart and spread everywhere.
I made a promise to you on that very day.
This, my precious child, is what I had to say...
I'll cherish the things that are uniquely you-
Your talents, your hopes, and your wishes, too.
I'll rock you to sleep as I sing you a song.
I'll read you stories as you follow along.
I'll show you the beauty of the stars in the sky.
My love will be with you as the years go by.
I'll teach you to see life from different points of view,
And be there to help make your dreams come true.
The world became a more wonderful place,
The moment I saw your beautiful face.
Welcome, Little One.
-Sandra Magsamen, "Welcome, little one"
(one of our most favorite beloved story time books)
*****
This has been the greatest, most rewarding year of my life. Without question.
She is the sweetest thing I've ever known.
Happy Birthday Littlemiss Leah!
(12 month stats and birthday party details coming soon...)

4 comments:
That picture is amazing! Happy birthday ellejay! We love you!
Happy Birthday to Leah!!!
Happy Birthday!!! Wow! I can't believe she's one year!!! She is so beautiful! What a sweet, sweet one!
Happy Birthday to my sweet AMAZING miracle LEAH! I can't believe you are a year old already! Hope and I wish we could be there on your birthday.......we hope you are having a blast! Love you lots lil-miss! xoxoxoxox Auntie Aim
Post a Comment