Thursday, August 4, 2011

ten



ten months old


double digits




time just seems to go faster and faster every month.




She is still the light and joy of our lives. Go figure.



So often, as she is being smothered with love and attention, I think about and wish that all sweet innocent babies could feel so much love. It hurts my heart that many may never feel a love like that. Leah is surrounded by loving grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and friends who adore her and spoil her and she has a mama and daddy who are pretty sure that she hung the moon. We honestly couldn't love her any more!

She is a very happy content baby. She is very social and if she's awake she's nearly always happy. It's rare that she is super high maintenance or overly fussy, though she does have her moments.

She still loves books and loves being read to. She likes to turn the pages when it's time and loves to hold them herself (though we're still working on not eating books). Some of our favorites right now are... Barnyard Dance, Welcome Little One, The Biggest Bear Hunt, Farm Fun, Pat the Bunny, If Kisses Were Colors and of course, Time for Bed.

She loves music and has a cute little bouncy dance that she does whenever she hears music. She loves any toy that plays music.

She also still loves mamas silly songs... The Wheels on The Bus is her current favorite. It literally cures ANY ails these days.

She loves water. Loves the bathtub, loves swimming, love other kids. LOVES it!

She HATES getting dressed. HATES it.

She likes to have her teeth brushed.




She is a fantastic eater even as we branch out and start experimenting with new foods. She is still breastfeeding and doing great, though she is starting to seem a little less interested in it all the time (which actually makes me more sad than I thought it would) She eats almost all fruits and veggies now and she especially loves butternut squash, carrots, watermelon and pears. She loves yogurt and cheese and applesauce and is starting to really want to feed herself. She loves finger foods that she can pick up and eat herself and now wants to help with the spoon as well.


Heaven help us.


She likes to bite the spoon when we're feeding her and not let it goes. She thinks it's really funny and laughs out loud at herself. I don't think it's nearly as funny.



These monthly pictures are getting harder and harder as she's getting more and more mobile. She no longer wants to sit and pose. She wants to wiggle and dive for the camera and play.


She finally started crawling last week and is getting better and faster every day. It's an adorable, akward sort of crawl still and she is so proud of herself. However, it has definitely changed everything.



She still doesn't love to stand up and bear her own weight for very long, but I'm sure it won't be long and I'm not in any hurry for her to grow up any faster than she already is!

She is still a great sleeper and loves her crib. She sleeps 11-12 most nights and then 3-4 hours during the day between 2 naps. She loves her crib and plays and jabbers for a long time before falling asleep and sometimes after she wakes up as well. I wish I had a hidden camera (or video monitor) sometimes, I'd like to see what exactly she's doing in there and how her crib looks like this when she wakes up sometimes...



She is starting to give loves and hugs and kisses. Mostly to her stuffed animals, but occasionally we're lucky enough to be the recipient and although it's more like an open mouthed headbutt, there is pretty much nothing sweeter that I have ever experienced.



Pure-True-Joy


That's what her little smile is all about...




Love You Littlemiss!

xox


4 comments:

Elizabeth Madsen said...

Holy crap, she is so cute! And suddenly so grown up!!! Pretty soon she will be chasing Caroline around. :) Yay for playdates!

Amy said...

Awww, she's such a sweetheart! I can't believe she's already 10 months old!

gina bina said...

Make it stop, make it stop! She's getting too big too fast. xoxo

The Whitmore's said...

I love these pictures! LL (cool) J looks like a real mini person! Oh I love her!!!!! And boy do I love her mama! (and her pappy too!)