Wednesday, March 9, 2011

sometimes...

... I wish my blog was private for all the same reasons that other people's blogs are private. {privacy for family/littles, potential weirdos viewing, control over who has access, ability to be more open? and etc}

Well... sometimes I wish it was private simply so I could document a better picture of my latest war wound. And by 'war wound' I mean simply carrying on with life wound. I know that I've never been described as particularly graceful or coordinated, but come on. Just this winter alone, I've fallen on the ice and scraped my knees twice (and keep in mind, I've barely even left the house this winter). And remember this awesome 'war wound'?

I've been at it again... this time I fell down the stairs... just simply fell down the stairs, not running to save Leah from a burning fire, hurrying to answer the door, rushing to get a diet coke or anything like that. I just fell fast and I fell HARD. Luckily Leah was oblivious as she was hanging out in her mamaroo, because I probably laid there for 5 minutes groaning and feeling like something must be broken. If I would've had my phone on me, I may have called for LifeFlight. Oh man did it hurt.

It happened over a week ago and this is a close up of what the bruise looked like this morning. It's a little blurred for obvious reasons and the scale is jacked up being an extreme close-up... but know that it's the size of a salad plate, the colors are unbelievably beautiful and it still hurts like h.e.doublehockeysticks.


:not awesome:

3 comments:

gina bina said...

Oh friend.

mathistown said...

Uh, yikes! I'll need to hear more about this art lunch..

Elizabeth Madsen said...

ouch, ouch, ouch! :(