Tuesday, January 4, 2011

three.

three whole months. an entire season. a quarter of a year.
time goes too fast.

(*** disclaimer: please know that these monthly posts are for me and my own forgetful mind. I know that the minute details of her life are ridiculously boring to all, save a very select few)

(I can't tell you how excited I get each month to put her in her special onesie! Thanks again to my amazing friend Allisen!)

3 month dish:
  • She's sleeping through the night like a champ. Leah goes to bed between 9-10pm, wakes up between 8-9am. It is heaven. (i.will.never.take.sleep.for.granted.ever.again.)
  • She is still a great eater and seems to get new chubby rolls every single day. She and I are both pleased with our comfort and moderate enjoyment of breast feeding. Relief
  • She has now graduated to size 2 diaper.
  • She chats and jabbers most of the day. Lots of happy sighs, squeals, coos & goos and sometimes some intense yells (mostly when I'm not paying attention to her.) Almost always, her arms and legs are spastically waving too.
  • She's found her hands and she can't keep them out of her mouth. She gets nearly her entire fist in her mouth. It's crazy and hilarious.
  • She has a blowout almost every single day. Sometimes two. It sucks. She is an all or nothing kind of girl. Nothing, nothing, nothing and then in an instant, it's everywhere. Sometimes from her armpits to her toes. I hate it. I thought it was too small of diapers, but even the larger size hasn't made any difference. Boo.
  • She loves bathtime and is getting really playful. She loves splashing with her arms and legs and usually the entire bathroom and mom and dad are a sloppy mess once we're all done. Her baths and lotion massages are seriously the best part of our bedtime routine.
  • Although she is awesome at night, she is still really high maintenance during the daylight hours. She is not a good napper. 45 minutes is about as long as she ever sleeps at a time during the day. She doesn't want to miss anything and likes lots of attention. We don't get a lot done around here, needless to say.
  • Her fingernails grow like CRAZY. I have to cut them a couple of times a week. But her toenails don't seem to grow at all. Haven't cut them once.
  • Her squinty eye, open mouth, sometimes tongue out smile is my very favorite. It pretty much makes me giddy.
  • I'm not sure if she has any idea how much she is loved, but we try especially hard every.single.day to make sure she does!

One of her favorite spots to hang out and chat with mama. I'm telling you, this is the best invention. ever.

We have it in our kitchen and it saves my sanity as I'm cooking or working on projects. She loves it so much and so do I. It's the only reason I ever get anything done! (thanks again gma & gpa)

(yep... that's the smile that I was talking about!)

Happy Quarter of a Year Littlemiss!

5 comments:

Two Wheeler said...

That smile certainly is infectious! I got the biggest grin on my face when I saw that last picture.

Amy said...

She is such a doll!!! Ryder doesn't nap well either (45 minutes was about max, if we even got that!) this past week he's done about one hour or hour and a half a day! Gotta love these babies!!

Bree said...

She is so cute! And it is fun to hear whats she doing! You are such a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Lindsay said...

Um. I may have to have another baby JUST so I can get one of those things. Never heard of those before. But I always say I wish I could invent something that moved like me so I could trick my kid into thinking they were being held. Looks like someone invented it for me. So nice!
And I kind of maybe hate you that she sleeps throug the night. I got up NINE times last night. NINE. He's 13 months old. Are. you. kiddin. me.
Although I kinda need kids to take naps. Long ones. But I'd still take an all night sleeper. You are spoiled. :)