Monday, August 30, 2010

Spoiled Rotten - Shower #1

Does it get any better than a garden tea party to celebrate a new little girl?
I think not.

My amazing mom, incredible sisters and fabulous nieces went all out to make this night special for me. It was amazing and of course, made me cry like a baby.


My cute niece, Bree, who is due just less than 3 weeks before me. These two little girls are going to be the best of friends!

The back yard was lit with twinkling lights and lanterns in the trees. The tables were set with beautiful linens and vintage teapots and tea cups lit with tea lights. It was so beautiful. Can you even believe those incredible teapot fresh flower arrangements on the tables. That's my sister....amazing!



The setting couldn't have been better. It sort of took my breath away as the sun was setting.


Ummm... these girls know how to throw a party. Light Dinner and Tea? How about more amazing, fancy, homemade food than I've ever seen in my life.

homemade tea sandwiches
amazing salads
fresh fruit skewers
homemade chocolate eclairs
brownie bites with fresh strawberries
fancy english crumpets, made from scratch
mom's shortbread tea cookies
fresh fruit tarts
lemon bars
cucumber limeade
strawberry slush

It was seriously unbelieveable.

I love them all so much.



Pretty little vintage tea sets adorned the yard. The details were amazing. I am still in awe of how much work they all went to.


And the crafts....

Each of the guests got to make a personalized onesie, especially for the little miss. The turned out so cute. I ended up with nearly 30 special onesies in sizes from newborn to 24mos. And the best part is that they are all signed with love by the artist. I can't wait for her to be snuggled up and clothed in such incredible love.



Can you believe all this for little old me and my sweet little Leah?

Spoiled Rotten, indeed!

4 comments:

Alison said...

That is BY FAR, the best baby shower I've ever seen. REALLY.

Truly MAGICAL.

And you and the little she-nut deserve it :)

cmdance said...

What lucky girl'S you both are! And you so deserve it!

mathistown said...

Wow, even cuter than I imagined!! Looks like sooooooo much fun and I'm so glad you got to have such a special celebration!

Amy said...

that was so much fun and such a beautiful shower!